- REST is key to a good race on June 10th
- Make sure you look after yourself in terms of health. The body is low in resistance so try and up the Vitamin C intake, stick to a healthy diet, keep hydrated and make sure you get enough sleep. So just take care of yourself and try to live a healthy lifestyle in general!
- Don’t try any new shoes or socks. Stick with what got you through all those long training runs. 91km is too far to try and test some new shoes or socks for the first time so use what has brought you this far.
- Don’t try any fancy new gimmicks that are on offer at the expo. Stick with what you know – eat and drink properly and all will be well. There are no magical potions that will make you run better (we wish!). Uour hard earned training miles will do that for you
- Sleep well on the Friday night. That way, if you have a sleepless night before race day it is no major train-smash. The body will be up for the challenge irrespective
GOOD LUCK – start conservatively and always save a little “something” in the tank for when you might need it..