The use of the MiWayLife website is subject to certain terms and conditions. Visiting and using the MiWayLife website or any part thereof implies that you are aware of our terms and conditions and agree to them.
All information on our website/s is intended as general information about MiWayLife, our products and services. The information provided on the website/s should not be treated as professional or investment advice in any way and was correct at the date of publishing. As this is our business we may choose to change any content on the site at any time without letting anyone know.
Please note that should you choose to use this website you do so entirely at your own risk. Although we take the law seriously and ascribe to the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act, we can’t and won’t accept any liability when you choose to use our website.
1. All information is viewed, downloaded or printed for personal use only.
2. MiWay own the copyright and intellectual property rights to all content on our website/s including logos, other graphics and multimedia elements. If you would like to use any information from our website, please credit us clearly.
3. MiWayLife values your personal information (as defined by the Protection of Personal Information Act) and promises to comply with the Protection of Personal Information Act as well as the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act, insofar as it relates to personal information. We will never use your personal information for any purpose other than the reason you gave it to us. We might have to share the information with our business partners to enable us to provide you with the product or service you have enquired about or you might have chosen to take from us but these partners may never sell your details or re-use them.
4. Any email address, name, telephone number or fax number from the MiWayLife website IS NOT to be used for electronic marketing or database building purposes. The fact that we display this information does not imply that we consent to the use of this information for database building purposes.
5. Never use any of our trademarks without our written consent. This includes linking to our website in any way. If you do this without our ‘okay’ (written, of course) we are entitled to take legal action and any legal fees and/or associated costs will be for your account.
6. Linking to and from our site is really serious to us as we value our reputation hugely. But, if you believe you have a valid case, send us an email to email@example.com and depending on our relationship and business strategy, we may agree or not.
7. When using our online tool always keep your login details safe and confidential. This ensures that nobody can access your information without the necessary authorisation to do so.
8. MiWayLife makes use of display advertising on the internet and makes use of Google Analytics to evaluate and enhance the product and services offered on our website. Information is gathered using a "cookie" which is a computer file transferred automatically from our website to your computer via your browser during an online session. The cookie enables MiWayLife to gather general information on the use and frequency of the visitor traffic. MiWayLife and third-party vendors, including Google, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to inform, optimise and serve adverts based on a user’s past visits to the MiWayLife website. There are various ways to block cookies or to opt out by using the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on.
9. We are a truly South African company and abide by the laws of the land. Therefore our website, its content and our business shall be governed and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the Republic of South Africa.
1. That our website will be available and functional 100% of the time.
2. That all downloads from our website will always be free of viruses and will not damage your computer or data on it.
3. The nature, content and availability of the third-party links to external websites. We also cannot control or guarantee the accuracy or quality of the information, material and graphics from these websites. The inclusion of any such links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorsement of the views expressed within them. If you come across any external links that don't work, we would be grateful if you could report them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. The security of any data you supply us with online, for practical business reasons and because the law might require it, we need to store some of your information in our databases. Although we have built-in safeguards to ensure the privacy and confidentiality of that information, this is entirely at your own risk.
All comments on MiWayLife’s website appear as they are loaded by you, the public. It is our policy to post ALL comments unless they do not comply with our guidelines below:
Here are the basic rules:
More about the referral reward:
MiWayLife is committed to keeping your personal information confidential. MiWayLife will use your personal information to enhance your experience, the service that MiWayLife provides to you and to communicate with you, unless expressly directed by you not to do so.
In general, you may visit MiWayLife's website without revealing any personal information. There are times, however, when MiWayLife or its partners may request personal information from you.
If requested, you may choose to give us your personal information, for example your name and address or email addresses. This information may be needed, for example, to correspond with you, to process an order, or to provide you with a subscription.
MiWayLife will advise you how it will use personal information before it collects the personal information from you. If you inform MiWayLife that you do not want it to use your personal information as a basis for further contact with you or for any other purpose, it will not do so.
MiWayLife intends to protect the quality and integrity of your personal information. MiWayLife has implemented appropriate technical and organizational information security measures to help it keep your information secure, accurate, current, and complete. However, MiWayLife cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to it online and you do so at your own risk.
MiWayLife will make commercially reasonable efforts to respond to your requests to correct inaccuracies in your personal information in a timely manner.
To assist MiWayLife in correcting inaccuracies in your personal information please return the message containing the inaccuracies to MiWayLife with details of the correction requested.
To monitor and improve the website, MiWayLife may use technology to gather information about your use of the website including details of your operating system, browser version, domain name, and IP address (the IP address is a string of numbers that tells us which server you are using but does not identify you).
The process of gathering the information as described immediately above uses a technology known as “cookies”. If you do not wish us to collect the information your browser should allow the disablement of cookies.
MiWayLife will not sell, rent, or trade your personal information to any third party.
As a result of its relationship with the MiWayLife with selected partners and third parties, MiWayLife will be sharing with them information about you. MiWayLife may also share information within the Sanlam group.
MiWayLife will disclose information when lawfully required to do so
Sometimes MiWayLife may share aggregated information (for example, demographic data) with its stakeholders and business partners, but it will not disclose your personal information to third parties save with your consent or as provided in this privacy statement.
Owners or information system administrators of third party websites that have links to the MiWayLife website may collect personal information about you when you use these links. MiWayLife does not control the collection or use of personal information by third parties and this privacy statement does not apply to third parties.
MiWayLife may collect anonymous information from visitors to its websites to help it provide better customer service. For example, MiWayLife keeps track of the domains from which people visit its website and also measures visitor activity on its website. In doing so MiWayLife ensures the information cannot be used to identify you. This information is sometimes known as "clickstream data". MiWayLife or its analytic vendors may use this data to analyse trends and statistics and to help it provide better customer service. If you do not wish your personal information to be used in this way, please notify us.
MiWayLife engages third parties that help it deliver its banner advertisements and other online communications. The third parties may collect and use information about MiWayLife customers to help us understand the offers, promotions, and types of advertising that are most appealing to its customers. The personal information they collect is aggregated and cannot be linked to a person. If you do not wish your personal information to be used in this way, please notify us.
On occasion, a personalised URL (link) is displayed on the MiWayLife website that directs a visitor to a personalised web page. The personal URL is readily identifiable and may result in the disclosure of personal information. By clicking on that link and accessing a personal web page you agree to allow MiWayLife to collect information about your session visits. MiWayLife may use this information to help it provide you with information that matches your interests. If you do not wish your personal information to be used in this way, please notify us.
While few, if any, of MiWayLife's website content is directed towards children, MiWayLife is committed to comply with all applicable laws aimed at the protection of children and in particular the protection of their personal information.
This privacy statement was last updated in May 2017. A notice will be posted on the home page of the MiWayLife website whenever the privacy statement is materially changed.
Questions regarding this statement may be directed to email@example.com for clarification.